Sebastien Vettel pips Lewis Hamilton by two-tenths to grab pole position in Canada. Coming to Canada, Ferrari were hopeful to turn things around at a circuit that generally favours straight-line speed. That and they hoped for their plans to fall in place over the 3 qualifying sessions. They were also helped by the fact that Valterri Bottas had a scruffy last lap that pushed him down to 5th on the starting grid.
A big shout goes to Daniel Ricciardo who managed to upset a Mercedes and Red Bull to land 4th spot on the starting grid. Both Renault’s and McLaren start top 10, although Sainz has a post-qualifying Steward interrogation pending for impeding on track.
Max Verstappen failed to cross Q2 after a huge shunt by Kevin Managed to bring out the red flags, ruining his final run along with those of Grosjean, Giovinazzi.
This sets up the race nicely and gives something else to look forward to apart from a total Mercedes domination. It will be a interesting starting, especially with HoneyBadger Ricciardo in a familiar starting position. Fingers crossed for a fabulous start and an interesting race. See you tomorrow.
- German GP: Verstappen wins the craziest GP in a long time, Sebastien Vettel finally has some redemption
- German GP: Hamilton takes pole, setback for Ferrari as both cars fail reliability
- Austrian GP: Max Verstappen wins with a mega performance, young guns shine
- Austria GP: Charles Leclerc on pole, Hamilton joins in on front row
- F1 French GP: Hamilton dominates, Mercedes seal another 1-2