In their bid to mount a challenge on Mercedes, Ferrari have rushed in power unit upgrade ahead of time. The Italian giants are currently 74 points behind the German manufacturers. They have a daunting task ahead to stop the Mercedes domination and claw back into the title race.
This means that they have only 2 more remaining power units for the remaining 17 races. Low power circuits like Monaco, Hungary and Singapore would still be suitable with the older PU.
Looks like they are going all in to get back into the championship race with this power unit upgrade which is slipping away like sand from fist. Since teams generally wait till the 7th weekend to introduce these upgrades.
- Austrian GP: Max Verstappen wins with a mega performance, young guns shine
- Austria GP: Charles Leclerc on pole, Hamilton joins in on front row
- F1 French GP: Hamilton dominates, Mercedes seal another 1-2
- F1: Disputed race ends with Hamilton victory, Vettel furious
- F1: Sebastien Vettel grabs pole after 17 races in Montreal