Mercedes completed yet another front row lockout in a dramatic, chaotic qualifying session here in Monaco. Lewis Hamilton beat his teammate by eight-hundredths of a second in the final moments of Q3 to secure the pole position.
We saw two incidents of impediments, once by Antonio Giovinazzi on Niko Hulkenberg and other on Romain Grosjean by Pierre Gasly. Both have been summoned by stewards while we await the decision.
Ferrari had yet another miserable day. Strategically failed to put out Charles in the final moments of Q1 which saw him getting knocked out and will now start 16th. Vettel touched barriers twice in the qualifying and could only finish 4th.
We hope with Max starting 3rd on the grid, will see some action on turn 1, otherwise, it could turn out into a procession. Teams will be trying hard to keep it to a 1 stop race. From a fan’s perspective, we do hope to see some safety car drama, or a wet race otherwise there isn’t much to look forward to in the race.
- German GP: Verstappen wins the craziest GP in a long time, Sebastien Vettel finally has some redemption
- German GP: Hamilton takes pole, setback for Ferrari as both cars fail reliability
- Austrian GP: Max Verstappen wins with a mega performance, young guns shine
- Austria GP: Charles Leclerc on pole, Hamilton joins in on front row
- F1 French GP: Hamilton dominates, Mercedes seal another 1-2